Saturday, October 13, 2007

Getting out of Vegas and moving to the Grand Canyon Arizona


The most interesting bit about the journey from Vegas to Grand Canyon is that you move from one desert state to another. Nevada to Arizona. The demarcation happens right at the middle of the Hoover dam, a great man made super structure build between 1913 ad 1915. The desert country of Arizona is really a story on its own. Going from Vegas to Grand Canyon takes you thru' the famed American Historical Route 66.

I think the 5 hr drive to the Canyon is probably the most scenic drive in the world. I have never seen a more straight freeway. It is basically about 150 miles of one straight road dissecting the desert. So the typical route is to take interstate 95/515 out of Las Vegas that takes you to Hoover about 25 miles out, and then converge to I-93 going south and then take I40 (In Arizona, the historic route 66 is now I-40) and finally get onto I64 that takes you to the Grand Canyon National Park.

No comments: